Fall's annual routine has fully kicked in with school back in session and having to squeeze everything else in between; a little overwhelming honestly! After these past few days of muggy rain and spiking heat, I am ready to trade it all in for chilly, chai latte craving, layering knits upon knits, cinnamon and spice in the air kinda fun. Fall is just so much more romantic--from latte foam mustaches, to carving pumpkins, to cuddling in front of a bonfire, or even walks under rows of amber turning leaves--life is oh so good! So although going back into the grind is never pleasant, I must look at the bigger picture and look forward to all of the goodness that is coming my way!
Along with the changing of seasons comes an excuse to do some MAJOR shopping. After all, Fall is the most fashionable season with the opportunity to layer and play with different textures and shades of colors. From trendy shoes to beauty products, I want it all! But being on a budget, I've narrowed it down and came up with a shopping list that consists of what I believe to be this season's must-have necessities. Here are my top ten:
- D'orsay Flats- They are simple, sleek, and slimming! Ballet flats who?
- Bomber Jacket- One of my favs! Throw it over your shoulders for a sporty chic vibe.
- Chunky Cream Knit- Staple Piece Alert So versatile and elegant! Pair with leather leggings for some edginess.
- The Leather Mini- A leather skirt for a night out is a must! A pencil skirt would work as well. Layer under a striped tee and a chunky cardigan for a relaxed vibe; maybe even a beanie?!
- Heeled Ankle Boots- Every model-off-duty has a pair and so should we! They're edgy and elongating at the same time. Pair with cropped boyfriend jeans or even a maxi dress!
- The Carry-All Tote- If you don't already own this, shame on you! Totes are classic and utilitarian. Splurge on a classic like Goyard (I can't wait for mine to come in!) or a less expensive but still high quality one from Madewell or Zara.
- Felt Hat- For those windy days where you know no amount of hairspray will make any difference, reach for a hat. Bad hair days happen! Be prepared and seize this stylish opportunity!
- Jewel Tone Nailpolish- Talk about understated sexiness! The perfect accessory!
- Leather Gloves- Invest in authentic leather that will withstand years of wear or go the vegan route and have a little fun with color and embellishment!
- Vampy Lip/Bare Face combo- I am a minimal makeup, natural face kinda gal but in the darker months a little glam is a must! The easiest way is a dark red/purple lip and a statement brow. Easy chic. My favorites are MAC's Rebel & Diva.
Each season I try to take myself out of my comfort zone by setting a style goal that I'd like to achieve. For summer, I was to embrace my natural fair skin and stay away from tanning beds and sunbathing. This Fall, I am going to incorporate more color into my daily looks and not buy as much black. This'll be extremely hard (everything looks better in black!!) but I am already loving this season's hot colors: olive green, cream, beige, gray, nudes...
Challenge yourself and let me know how it goes for you!